AVIC411.com

Bypass wiring question

Hi guys,

I have a question on wiring. I got my D3 installed and the installer would not do a bypass and he hooked up the parking brake wire to the parking brake. Is there anything special about the parking brake wiretap or is it just a regular wiretap? 2. If i cut off some of the parking brake greenwire lead and ground it , will this affect my parking brake. Meaning ,will my parking brake sensor on my car think there is a circuit that has been broken?.I do not want to remove the tap that is already on the parking brake since i am afraid i might sever some wires. So i was thinking of just cutting some wire above the parking brake connection, hooking up the green wire from the harness to the ground wire and taping the other wire that is connected to the parking brake but still leaving it connected so that if i ever have some warranty work , i can reconect without having to tap into the handbrake again. Irealy appreciate any help i can get. :?

well, theres a tutorial on how to do the bypass just check around.

as for the connection to parking break, you can simply remove it from your vehicle wiring. of course if you cut the vehicle side of the wire you will cause problems. so, just disconnect the wire the installer put in for the d3 and follow the tutorial on how to do the bypass. enjoy