AVIC411.com

d3 in a mustang 03

I have a 03 mustang with mach audio system and i was planing on installing the d3 on myself but was wondering if there is a guide out there that can help me out installing it. another stupid question if somebody could explain me better about bypassing the amps and why its needed, i had 2 different idiots at circuitcity that told me 2 different things lol.

Thanks in advance

It'll fit fine. The kit you need is a 95-5026. As for bypassing the amps, you can if you want to. But you don't have to. If you get a 70-5519 you can get away without bypassin the stock amps. The only thing you'll want to do is put a 2.4k ohm resistor on the amp turnon lead to prevent turn on thump.

don't kill your self putting any resistors for your amps i just installed my own d3 in my 02 stang with the mach audio u just need the metra connector with rca and the rca go hooked up to the output of the d3 that are labeled subwoofer. make sure you use all metra install products for your mustang any other will give you a hard time. the most difficult thing i ran into was tapping in to the computer for the speed signal withch is pin 76 or 86 i don't remember clearly but its the color code is white orange