AVIC411.com

d3 in a mustang 03

I recently installed an Avic D3 in my 02 Gt with the Mach 460, I bought the stereo from crutchfield and the harness they provided allowed me to keep the stock amps and speakers, and it still sounds good.

These writeups helped me out when installing the headunit

http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.p ... ra+harness

http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=724560

here are some pics

DSC01034.jpg

DSC01039.jpg

I recently installed an Avic D3 in my 02 Gt with the Mach 460, I bought the stereo from crutchfield and the harness they provided allowed me to keep the stock amps and speakers, and it still sounds good.

These writeups helped me out when installing the headunit

http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.p ... ra+harness

http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=724560

here are some pics

DSC01034.jpg

DSC01039.jpg

Thanks by the way did you install the ssv cable? do you know how to remove the arm rest? i was planning on buying the avic-d3x and thinking of placing the bluetooth adapter under the headunit and passing the ipod cable below the arm rest sothan i could put the ipod inside the arm rest

Thanks by the way did you install the ssv cable? do you know how to remove the arm rest? i was planning on buying the avic-d3x and thinking of placing the bluetooth adapter under the headunit and passing the ipod cable below the arm rest sothan i could put the ipod inside the arm rest

No I didn't install the ssv cable, the GPS seems to work fine without it.

I installed the ipod cable into the glove compartment cause I didn't even want to think about removing the center console.

As for the bluetooth adapter I placed it under the headunit, there is plenty of space in there.

Good luck with your install

i really appreciate your help!!! can i ask you an additional question? does it have a passage through the radio space to the glove department? where did you place your gps antenna and how did you pass the wire? upps apparently i asked more than 1 question lol

No problem man, there really isn't a passage, I just tied the cable up and ran it through the back into the glove box.

I'll take some pics of these things when I get home so you can see. For the Gps antenna I placed it on the dash on the passenger side in the corner of the windshield and ran the wire through a hole in the dash right before the door, and pulled it under the dash to the stereo.

The pics will explain everything better. I'll post them up tonight.

i would appreciate it thanks for your help. by the way did you put the resistor on the amp turnon? some people are saying its needed others says its not due to us having newer amps

I didn't place a resistor at all, it sounds good and there's a slight pop when I turn it on but I can't hear it since the car is so loud.

After messing with the EQ on the headunit the sound is just as good if not better than before.

Look out for pics tonight

On my '01 Bullitt, I mounted the GPS antenna on the back deck, under the carpet between the factory speaker holes, and don't have any reception problems, and I can't see it.

Also, do yourself a favor and spend the extra time to connect the vss (white/orange in the pass kick panel) so the nav features are more acurate, and use the 2.4 k resistor on the turn on wire.

• 1 month later...

i just bought the harness and i started to take my car apart you to see it was and i noticed that my harness has 2 inputs but i have three things connecting to my mach radio. should i just ignore this third wire or what? i have a special edition mustang i dont know if it varies or not from other mustangs. i marked the addition wire with an arrow in the pic

post-2497-12872754161552_thumb.jpg