AVIC411.com

My D2 has secret menus!

Got your attention! HaHa!

Sorry guys but I need some help with my AVIC-D2 and CNDV-70MTP. I downloaded the updated disks off the web. I burned a copy and it updated my D2.

Then I realized all my backgrounds and startup photo were removed. I went back to the computer and added them to the upgraded disk.

Went back to the AVIC-D2 and it loads the startup photo, but everytime I hit "settings" it says something about wrong disk.

IS there a work around for this yet?

PS: I searched and the only thing I found was pull the Xm data cable, which I did and that didnt work either.

:( I guess I'll try that. I dont think its that though. My PC is high high end, my SATA DVD burner is new, and my media is memorex. I also burned it at 2x when I made it. The 1st one with NO backgrounds works fine. Its the one with backgrounds that doesnt. And Im using back grounds Ive made and been using in the past with the old software.

Thanks for the suggestion none the less though.

Ok, I burned another disk. No dice.

It seems that the disks work fine if I just make a 1:1 copy of the 70 series upgrade disks. But then I get no cool backgrounds or boot up pictures. :(

The pictures I imported are working ones I had on my 60 series disks. So I know they work.

I just find it odd that the same media works fine with NO pictures added. But the second I swap out some pictures it doesnt work.

Keep in mind, I have all the programs to do this. Ive done it many times on the 60 series disk maps. And I would like to think i completely know how to do this.

Anyone?

:( I guess I'll try that. I dont think its that though. My PC is high high end, my SATA DVD burner is new, and my media is memorex. I also burned it at 2x when I made it. The 1st one with NO backgrounds works fine. Its the one with backgrounds that doesnt. And Im using back grounds Ive made and been using in the past with the old software.

Thanks for the suggestion none the less though.

Seems to be the common opinion around here that Memorex makes the worst media around. Verbatim looks to be the majority favorite.