AVIC411.com

Z1 in '02 Sequoia?

I just ordered this unit yesterday, but just realized on crutchfield it says it won't fit my '02 Sequoia. I have the JBL system with 6 disc in dash changer. I noticed someone else on the hack thread mentioned they installed into their 02 sequoia, did you have any issues? Any help apreciated.
FYI for anyone who is interested Crutchfield is incorrect. This unit fits in the sequoia with zero modifications or force. It's a tight fit, but it fits. Also no additional mounting hardware or brackets are needed, the factory brakets work perfectly.
  • 1 month later...
EDROCK

I'm buying an 02 Seq Ltd with the JBL setup. I was looking at the factory NAV unit - [url=http://www.oemvalue.com]www.oemvalue.com[/url] - but didn't like the prices on the iPod control and the lack of bluetooth.

I know I have to get the JBL Amp - is there anything else you did that I should be looking at?
[quote name="skierjmh"]EDROCK

I'm buying an 02 Seq Ltd with the JBL setup. I was looking at the factory NAV unit - [url=http://www.oemvalue.com]www.oemvalue.com[/url] - but didn't like the prices on the iPod control and the lack of bluetooth.

I know I have to get the JBL Amp - is there anything else you did that I should be looking at?[/quote]

Not sure what you mean by "I have to get the JBL amp." I didn't have to buy any special amp...Theres two wiring harnesses for the 02 sequoia, get the one that consists of two harnesses, one of which has RCA's on it, not the one thats all wires.

Once you do so make sure you hook up the amp turn on wires. The VSS wire is behind the glove box in the computer module harnesses. The factor plates line up perfectly and the unit fits fine even though crutchfield claims it does not. I did no modifications to make it fit. I have pics of the install in the "show your install" thread. Let me know if you have any questions or need wiring info. Make sure you buy a ducati bypass or TR7 mod, our illum wire is pulsed (green wire in stereo harness) which will work with the above bypasses. Otherwise you'll have to pull an illum wire from the drivers kick panel and manually bypass on starts.
*** Disregard all my previous amp questions ***

If I could learn to read I'd be better off.

Since you went through what I'm about to - what wiring harness did you buy? I'm not going the external amp option since I won't need it for the Z1.

Thanks for not flaming the noob.

-j
[quote name="skierjmh"]*** Disregard all my previous amp questions ***

If I could learn to read I'd be better off.

Since you went through what I'm about to - what wiring harness did you buy? I'm not going the external amp option since I won't need it for the Z1.

Thanks for not flaming the noob.

-j[/quote]

No worries. I responded to your PM with the link, I don't have it on me right now or I'd post it again. Feel free to post in this thread with any questions. I posted pics in the "post your pics" thread.