AVIC411.com

Rear/secondary audio controls for D3

I currently have my AVIC-D3 installed in my 2008 Nissan Titan with the PAC SWI-PS to keep my current steering wheel controls. The install required tapping into 2 wires from the factory head unit and wiring up 2 resistors before connecting them to one single wire to the PAC unit. These 2 wires grab the signal from the FF,RW,Vol Up, Vol Down, Input, and mute. However, the rear audio controls no longer work (the buttons in the rear passenger seats that control input, FF/RW, volume, etc.).

I've read through the Titan boards that it is not possible to get the rear audio controls working on aftermarket head units like the D3 but I was wondering what you guys here think is a possible workaround.

1. If I bought a second PAC-SWI-PS and attempted to find the lead signal wires coming from the rear audio controls, is it possible to wire 2 PAC SWI-PS/wired remote controls to the D3? Can I simply use a mini plug splitter and connect 2 of the PAC SWI-PS units into the D3?

2. What would happen if I simply tapped the signal wires I find from the rear audio controls back into the original front steering wheel controls?

3. I also have a regular wireless IR remote for the D3. Has anyone taken the factory Pioneer remote apart to see if it can be dissambled and the buttons resoldered to something like the rear audio controls? Is there something already like this that I can wire up to buttons and emit IR signals that the D3 can understand? I heard some of the older steering wheel control adapters were designed like this via IR.

4. Are there any secondary hard wired buttons I can use to connect to the D3 to replace the factory rear audio controls? I simply need FF,RW,Input, and volume.

FourDoor_Pro4X_10%20%28Large%29.JPG

3. I also have a regular wireless IR remote for the D3. Has anyone taken the factory Pioneer remote apart to see if it can be dissambled and the buttons resoldered to something like the rear audio controls? Is there something already like this that I can wire up to buttons and emit IR signals that the D3 can understand? I heard some of the older steering wheel control adapters were designed like this via IR.

OK so further searching looks like my best bet is to try and figure out how to get the PAC SWI-X to respond to signals from the rear controls as the SWI-X actually emits an IR signal as opposed to being hard wired into the back of the D3 like the SWI-PS.

Anyone familiar with the SWI-X and the D3? How big is the IR emmiter?

• 1 year later...