AVIC411.com

Yet another Bluetooth question....

So I finally got the bluetooth adapter and hooked it up today. Seems to be working well, but when I use voice command, "Call" and then Select, "Telephone book" it just goes back to map. Does this feature not work? Can I not make a phone call out of the phone book while using voice command. I am able to do it off of address book entries.

Anyone have a blackberry 7100i? How do I initiate from the phone to transfer contact list? On the Z1 I hit the Business card link (Can't think of exactly what it is called) and then it says that it is waiting for phone to send. Can seem to find anything on the blackberry to start the transfer. It is through Nextel if that makes a difference.

Any input would be appreciated.
[quote name="StevenRapp"]So I finally got the bluetooth adapter and hooked it up today. Seems to be working well, but when I use voice command, "Call" and then Select, "Telephone book" it just goes back to map. Does this feature not work? Can I not make a phone call out of the phone book while using voice command. I am able to do it off of address book entries.

Anyone have a blackberry 7100i? How do I initiate from the phone to transfer contact list? On the Z1 I hit the Business card link (Can't think of exactly what it is called) and then it says that it is waiting for phone to send. Can seem to find anything on the blackberry to start the transfer. It is through Nextel if that makes a difference.

Any input would be appreciated.[/quote]

when it says on the unit it is ready to accept transfers, you will need to initiate a beam transfer from your phone, using the IR port of your phone if you have one.
[quote name="tekie99"]

when it says on the unit it is ready to accept transfers, you will need to initiate a beam transfer from your phone, using the IR port of your phone if you have one.[/quote]

Huh??? IR port?????

News to me. I have no IR port on my phone...and I transferred everything. It's Bluetooth technology...why would you use an IR port?
Aviator. I know that your son hooked u up on the transfer, but when you went to initiate the transfer from the blackberry do you know what you selected on your blackberry to begin the transfer? In options it says that it can send all or just hot list, but I don't see any thing where I can just hit it to say, "OK Mr. Blackberry, send the list...."