AVIC411.com

VSS wiring for Lotus Elise

• 4 weeks later...
Can anyone tell me where to find this? If you know the wire for the reverse camera, please let me know as well. Thanks!!!

if you have an 06' or 07', its pin 1A

if you have an 05' your SOL.

the car is an 05. so you're saying 05's don't have a speed pulse wire? or you just don't know where it is?

Can anyone tell me where to find this? If you know the wire for the reverse camera, please let me know as well. Thanks!!!

if you have an 06' or 07', its pin 1A

if you have an 05' your SOL.

the car is an 05. so you're saying 05's don't have a speed pulse wire? or you just don't know where it is?

Doesn't know would be my guess. Since it seems that any of the wiring databases I have access to list 06+ but nothing for the earlier years.

MC21 directed me to a post describing where to find the speed pulse on a 2005 Elise. The signal can be tapped from any 1 of 4 wires that run between the ABS system and ECU. Each wire is a speed pulse for each wheel.

The 4 wires are all light green with a stripe. But you only need to tap into one of them. The light green with pink stripe is the one used in this pic.

In addition to the green/pink wire, this pic shows that the other wires were also tapped for a more complex monitoring system. This was provided by lotustalk.com forum member GroundLoop "It's very easy to tap the (amplified) ABS wheel speeds in the cable harness that runs next to the shifter"

lotus-abs.jpg

I'll post my own pics and results when I perform this mod (probably in a few weeks from now)