AVIC411.com

D3X install help!!! 07 Chevy 2500HD

I am installing my D3 myself and having problems locating the parking brake wire. Also I noticed people asking about the illumination wire. Can I just connect the illumination wire from the D3 to the illumination wire on the peripheral GMAH24B or does it need to go somewhere else? Thanks for any help that can be provided.

Mike

I am not familiar with the GMAH24B, is that from PAC? I used the Metra GMOS04 in my 07 Silverado Classic. As for the parking brake wire. Are you trying to find the trucks parking brake wire or the one on the Pioneer harness? If you are planning on doing the by-pass, just ground the Pioneer's p-brake wire to the chassis along with the mute wire after you relocate it in the connector.

Like tractors said, if the GMAH24B is similar to the GMOS setup, just connect the illumination wires and that should be it. As for the parking brake wire, don't touch the P-brake wire in the truck...all you'll get is a warning. Make sure it's the relocated mute wire that you're grounding.

EDIT: Here are the Peripheral GMAH24B install instructions if you need them:

http://peripheralelectronics.com/periph ... einstr.pdf