AVIC411.com

How well does the USB adapter work? CD-UB100

I have the Pioneer 600UB deck with built in USB now. How well does the CD-btb100 work? Can you scroll quickly through the folders? My current deck flies through them. I hit list and just turn the volume dial to scream right down to the one I want. I tried a brand new JVC today and it was painless slow and just made me mad.

I've only used it with the Z2, and though it works, the interface is CLEARLY designed for a much simpler head unit. No searching, no list view, not able to display more than one line (8 characters) at a time and no scrolling (at least on the Z2.

It works though, and it's quick. I use it because, frankly, I don't carry my large, heavy, fragile, expensive iPod around with me, and it's a lot easier to throw a new song I want to listen to in the car onto the thumb drive that's always in my pocket.

Basically, you just flip through folders and tracks. (P.list up down to switch folders and track frd rev to change tracks (or fast forward if you switch the function to Manual)). It might be better on the D series, I don't know. Frankly I don't see how, but hey, maybe it does some hoodoo on the back end?