AVIC411.com

Reuse factory XM antenna on 2008 Hyundai Sonata Limited?

I was wondering if anyone has successfully reused the factory XM antenna on a Sonata in lieu of the GEXP10XMT antenna. Possibly with an adapter? Haven't opened anything up yet in the car to see but was hoping to have one less thing stuck on the roof. Getting ready to install D3, BT,XMw/traffic,12 disc changer, Boyo Rear Camera and would appreciate any advice anyone is willing to offer from their prior installs.

Thanks in advance,

All you need to do is find the connection point with the OEM tuner and see if it uses the single, pink FAKRA connector. If so, sure, use it. Depending on the location of the tuner, though, you may need to find a long extension cable to reach the 910xm tuner.

EDIT: Seeing as how you have a 2008 vehicle, I can't imagine they use anything other than the single XM connector, so I would assume you'd be OK so long as you can find the connection point. On my '06 Impala, the XM tuner and OnStar are mounted to the back of each wheelwell in the trunk (behind the carpet).