AVIC411.com

07 mustang gt vss wiring!

i will be putting yet another d3 in my wife's mustang gt and i don't know if the harness is the same as my f150. does anybody know where the vss wire is?

on my f150 it was easy because it was right on my radio harness. i know there haves to be somebody else who has installed it on a mustang!

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, it is blue/yellow at the harness coming from the ecm, under the power disribution on the pass side. If you have the GT premium, Bullitt, or GT500, then you likely do not have a switched power, either. Switched power can be found and the smart junction box in the pass kick. so can illumination.

my wife and i (mainly wife's car) have just a plain jane gt mustang. can you guys give me more info because i'm not all that great on brand newish motors. i'm mostly a old school carb and dizzy car guy. the ecm i'm thinking is a electrical computer module and i'm not exactly sure where thats at. could you guys provide pictures?

is there a grommet in the mustang to put that wire thru? on my f150 there are several nice grommets all over to run wires thru. i hope this mustang does too.

is this wire hard to get to?!?!?!

On the passenger side of the car, there is a nice grommet to go through, but you need to make a HARD left turn to get out into the engine bay. If you pull the battery and it's tray out, you can feel the grommet, just can't see it from under the hood. On the shops demo GT500, I was able to get a 1/0 wire under there (I drilled a hole right next to the grommet) without too many problems. Just look at the pic I've attached to see where I'm talking about. (Sorry about the size.)

post-9000-12872753907578_thumb.jpg