AVIC411.com

Watch video soure while listening to another source?

Does anyone know if it is possible to watch a video source while listening to another source? Here is my specific scenario. I like to listen to my sirius radio which is connected to AV-1. The thing that sucks about this is that the screen is just black (no video). Is it possible to still listen to my sirius on AV-1 and view a video input from, say, my video ipod?? Or is it possible to at least view a background image??

The only thing you can display is the nav map or hit the hide button and display the background image. Only one audio/video source can be used at a time.

Thank you both for the reply posts. I tried touching the hide button on the AV1 screen, however, nothing happens. It is still just a black screen when I press hide. Is there a menu setting that I need to change? I have all three background screens set within the Navigation Menu.

I didn't notice you said it was hooked up via the AV inputs. I just assumed it was the pioneer XM tuner hooked though the IPBUS connection. I don't know if the hide interface option works for the AV inputs as well.

You can do it if you use a non ibus Sirius unit . If you have a regular Sirius unit like a Sportster , replay , or what ever , use the pin jack to RCA audio cable ( red / white ) and plug into the D3 input source 1 or 2 , and use the camera the video . That is what I did in mine . I also have a video selector switcher so I can can the video source on the fly . I pull a 30 foot car hauler and use the switcher to change cameras . I have one as my normal back up camera , I have a camera on the back of the trailer , one facing the fifth wheel , it makes hooking the trailer a snap , and the forth moulded into the pass side mirror to check for blind spots .