AVIC411.com

using a new drive.

Hey, so I finally broke down a decided to buy a Z2 for my 07 Camry SE, but I did have a few questions. I don't mind unlocking my HDD but would rather keep it as is, encase it fails, so my question is can I just buy a new HDD and put that in there... Now from searching, I know the answer to that question is Yes. So I guess my real question is...

1) Does it still need to be unlocked?

2) I searched buy could not find it, so if someone can give me key terms to search for, or link to where I can find the partition sizes, and the names for those partitions.

3) I know there is a image online of the Z2 on a FTP server, but does it have images for all 4 partitions. (I think its all 4).

I know that the HDD need to be unlocked permanently by using the software and commands provided in the FAQ's which is not a problem. I Know that it needs to be a Hitachi HDD, does size matter?

any help is appreciated. I am actually doing the install on Friday night, so wanted to get this done before then, So I can just plug in the new HDD from the get go. Also really awesome job on the bypass tutorial.

Thanks. Between yall 2, I got the answers I needed. Yall Rule!. Used this forum to install my nav, do the by pass and hopfully upgrade the HDD on it too. Thanks.

BTW, My nav system did not take the by pass CD. I did the 2 wire grounding, and put the CD in and followed the directions to do the update, and a message poped up saying the software update is older then my currunt software. BUT it still works for some wired reason, guess I did not need update.

One question though, I accidently threw out the manual to the bluetooth adapter, and cant seem to pair my phone, I dont have the pass code or password to it, any one have any ideas, or has a manual if they can send me the password, Dont want to spend $10 for a manual, and cant seem to find it on the Pioneer site.

Thanks.