AVIC411.com

CNDV-700HD Dsk VS Ebay Z1/Z2 Hard Drives

Hi, I have been searching and cannot get a strait answer...I have a Z1 right now and I want to make it to a Z2. As most of us konw, you can purchase those hard drives with maps and stuff on ebay but besides the price! what is the differnce between those hard drives and the CNDV-700HD Disks? They both change your Z1 to a Z2 right?

Both the Update disk AND hard drive are going to update roads, POI, bluetooth and add two 3D icons right?

If I were to use the upgrade disk, Will I get the 3D new like the z2? like this?

http://audiovideodimension.com/images/AVIC-Z2%201.jpg

thanks

I feel I should preface by saying: The truth is, you're buying something illegal, and there's no guarantee that the seller is doing it right or has checked to make sure it will work.

That said, don't worry. Most, if not ALL of those pre-loaded drives on e-bay ARE in fact a fresh image of the Z2 Harddrive. This is THE EXACT SAME THING as what you would be left with after running the $250 CNDV-700HD Disk. The only difference is you lose your music library and addresses since they're on the drive you're replacing (rather than upgrading).

And yes, it makes no difference whether or not you Upgrade a Z1 to a Z2 with the CNDV-700HD disc, upgrade a Z1 to a Z2 using one of these Z2 images, or just buy a factory Z2. They are ALL THE EXACT SAME THING as the hardware did not change at all (at least in any way that matters). Either way, you get all the perks of a Z2, 3d icons et al.