AVIC411.com

vss wire in 2004 Saturn Ion

Hello,

Could someone please help me find the vss wire in 2004 Saturn Ion 2 QC?

There is a harness that plugs into the instrument panel (aka I/P cluster or gauge cluster). Could I tap into the wire from there rather than the ECM?

Thanks in advance for any help.

(The picture attached is of the connector taken out of the little snap tight frame that holds it into the cluster. )

post-16447-1287275386698_thumb.jpg

That connector will get you a few wires that you'll need but you have some wires wrong. From everything I could find in the ESI you will either need to tap into the VSS out under the hood where it plugs into the PCM or get a pulse generator. The PCM is located on the left side of the engine near the coolant overflow resevoir. Personally I would use the plug on the radio and get your positive 12v, your ground, your acc wire and your illumination wire from there (instrument panel lamp supply voltage). Your rear view mirror contains the back up wire you need.

for the 12V+ use the radio wire

for the ground use the radio wire

for the ill wire use the radio wire (marked instrument panel lamp supply)

for the acc use the radio wire

for the reverse wire use the one off the rear view mirror (backup lamp supply voltage)

and for your VSS you have to go to your PCM not 100% sure if you want the high or low signal though.

post-16501-12872753867625_thumb.jpg

post-16501-12872753870177_thumb.jpg

post-16501-128727538735_thumb.jpg

post-16501-12872753876668_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks again to everybody who helped me. I did the bypass with no complications and was able to tap into the vss wire (at ECM under the hood) and the back-up light (behind the tail-light in the trunk) with no problem.

I spent more time trying to fit a decoy faceplate then I did actually installing the avic-d3.

I ended up ruining the decoy radio face and it looks like crap. Aw-well