AVIC411.com

A lot of 06 Explorer install questions

I am about to take the plunge and install the D3 with BTB200 blue tooth module as a replacement for the audiophile 6 CD with subwoofer HU in my 06 Explorer Limited. I also have the rear DVD system. I am using the Crutchfield FORD wiring harnesses.

The Crutchfield subwoofer harness has separate red (labelled woofers) and white (labelled subwoofers) RCA ends plus 2 blue/white stripe wires. The wiring instructions label the wires as amplifier turn ons. The D3 has only 1 blue/white on the power harness.

Question 1 - Do I plug both red and white RCA plugs on the Crutchfield harness into the into the subwoofer output on the D3 harness or are they two separate items with dedicated blue/white power wires?

Question 2 - If I do plug both red and white RCA plugs into the D3 harness, should I solder both blue/white wires from the Crutchfield harness to the single blue/white wire on the D3 harness?

The BTB200 module has a yellow power and black ground wire.

Question 3 - Can I solder these two wires to the matching wires on the Crutchfield harness? Will this overload the fuse or cause feedback issues with the phone?

I want to to the bypass option for "on the go" nav changes. Can I ground the "moved" mute wire and the brake wire by soldering a wire to them and then to the ground on the Crutchfield harness?

I am adding the pac swi-ps steering wheel controller.

Question 4 - Can I connect the red wire and ground to the matching wires on the Crutchfield harness as well?

Finally, I am adding the PIE DVD unit to allow me to listen to the rear DVD system on the Explorer's speakers.

Question 5 - Can I connect the red wire and ground to the matching wires on the Crutchfield harness too?

Sorry for all the questions and thanks in advance for any advice.

So I went to Radio Shack and picked up a 3.3k resistor (orange,orange,red). This might be stupid, but is this the process I need to follow to do things right

1. Solder the two blue/white wires from the Crutchfield subwoofer harness to the long wire on one end (or do I need two resistors - one for each of the wires) and

2. Solder the single blue/white wire from the AVIC harness to the long wire on the other.

Do I cut the long wires down any?

Sorry if these are dumb questions, I have never dealt with a resistor before.

I hear this thump as well in my lincoln, and am about to pick up a resistor tomorrow at RS. Will this also cause my rear speakers not to work? Because they don't work right now, and I don't have anymore wires I can hook up. (Wire harness diagram has only 4 sets of speaker wire and the 4 speakers in my door works).

Thanks!

I hear this thump as well in my lincoln, and am about to pick up a resistor tomorrow at RS. Will this also cause my rear speakers not to work? Because they don't work right now, and I don't have anymore wires I can hook up. (Wire harness diagram has only 4 sets of speaker wire and the 4 speakers in my door works).

Thanks!

The door speakers and subwoofer should be totally independent "circuits". I received two separate wiring harnesses from Crutchfied. The main one has the power, ground, lighting, door speakers, etc. The sub-woofer harness has two (red/white) RCA plugs and two blue/white power wires. This harness is to plug into the factory harness running to the subwoofer/amp unit and is connected to the AVIC. It is between these amplifier wires and the blue/white wire on the AVIC "RCA" harness that misfit suggests the capacitor is added.

As far as I know, this is what the sequence looks like:

AVIC bl/w ----- capacitor ------ crutchfield bl/w's ------Ford harness --- sub/amp

That looks right.

on the Ford/Licoln/Mercury Wire harnesses, the Resistor would get hooked up to the blue/white wire (Amp turn-on) on the harness and the blue/white wire (Remote Control Start) from the AVIC. The RCA plug on the harness gets hooked up to one of the Suwoofer outputs on the AVIC RCA connector (Where the mute wire is located). The black/white wire (amp-ground) gets grounded wherever is convenient for you. And those are all the connections on the small 8 pin harness.

The bigger harness is pretty straight forward and hooks up pretty directly to the AVIC. Remember to hook up the AVIC's illumination wire to the ash tray lighter.

Remember to hook up the AVIC's illumination wire to the ash tray lighter.

This might sound dumb, but there was matching illumination wire on the Crutchfield harness that I was going to solder to the AVIC illumination wire. Is that correct?

Also is there a VSS on the Ford radio harness that I can tap into?

Speed Sense purple/orange PCM, 50 pin plug, pin 1

The PCM (Powertrain Control Module) is on the passenger side firewall. The VSS wire is also found at the windshield wiper motor

use this for illumination if the radio harness wire does not work:

Parking Lights (+) blue/white + driver kick or SJB, conn. A, pin 11

The SJB (Smart Junction Box) is part of the fuse/relay box under the driver side dash.

why would you tap into the ashtray lighter??