AVIC411.com

A lot of 06 Explorer install questions

Thanks misfit! I will see how the illumination works on the harness first before digging in any further. I was hoping the VSS wire would be on the radio harness as I can alter the volume with road speed.

I was really looking forward to getting things installed on the holiday tomorrow but now my wife needs to take our 5 year old and his 3 year old cousin on a road trip on Saturday and wants my truck for the rear DVD entertainment. I don't dare have it ripped half apart and run into a snag before they go.

I have the PIE FRD04-DVD unit that is supposed to power the unit and allow the sound to come through the speakers through the A/V1 input on the D3. Have you used this unit before?

As long as the rear DVD unit works and the sound comes through the headphones I will be happy - the audio back through the system speakers will be "gravy" I am tired of hearing Pokemon over and over again!

I have also added a TERK A/V extention unit to the rear unit's input and run it back to the back of the center console to attach a GameCube. I could add a simple video switcher to the rear A/V output of the D3 to "complete the loop" and have the front and rear video the same.