AVIC411.com

Adding POI to avic...

After searching and come to an gps coordinate to avic converter, looked on how to use it and it seam that it works well on X1 and X1R units, but tryed on my HD3 and no luck.

I just leave here the info so someone with better knowledge than I in pioneer units, could use this better than I and share it to the community.

Here is what I get:

We can use POIedit apllication to convert the POI (also tomtom, google, and others) to ASCII format than using an application, created by some spanish guy, convert the ASCII to the pioneer .V01 format.

I don't know if this info is double post but here it is.

An English forum that speaks about it:

http://www.avicx1forums.com/forum/viewt ... be91ac4634

And the Spanish forum where it all started:

http://www.forocoches.com/foro/showthre ... t=avic+poi

With the application it allows also to upload other POIs (this was created to upload updated speed radar database, before teleatlas start to sell it as an update...)

I also installed teleatlas radar database and it added one more buttom menu in the MAP menu section. The update consist only in 5-6 files with +-100Mb

I will upload the files if anyone interested.

• 1 month later...

We have a Garmin GPS in our motorhome and use POI's often.

I have downloaded many new POI's to the Garmin and it uses .CSV format.

Recently, we also installed a Pioneer Z2 unit and find the POI's offered by our new Z2 are for the most part, not useful to our travels, so I would like to add custom POI's like in the Garmin.

Is this possible and will the file converters that you talk about handle the .CSV conversion?

Any help greatly appreciated and thanks.

[/i]

Not possible. It is a feature of the F-series that is coming out though

We have a Garmin GPS in our motorhome and use POI's often.

I have downloaded many new POI's to the Garmin and it uses .CSV format.

Recently, we also installed a Pioneer Z2 unit and find the POI's offered by our new Z2 are for the most part, not useful to our travels, so I would like to add custom POI's like in the Garmin.

Is this possible and will the file converters that you talk about handle the .CSV conversion?

Any help greatly appreciated and thanks.

[/i]