AVIC411.com

I Already have an amp hooked up ?

2 years ago I had Kicker 700.5 amp and a 10inch Treo sub installed to the factory radio, Also used an Audiocontrol LC6. The local shop installed it. I am going to attemp my install on Saturday. My question is this, All of my speakers/wires should already be going to my amp ?? Would all I have to do is connect the RCA wires to the harness and for sound or will I have to slice and dice some more speaker wires. Oh YA! I have everything running to the factory head unit right now.(2006 Honda Ridgeline) I am just wondering what I will find behind the dash board once I take it off ? I understand that the Factory radio has no rca outputs so I am sure the Stereo shop did something to connect the amp? Any help would be appreciated. Again, I am gathering as much info as possible before I get my hands dirty on Sat.

Thanks Again. This place has been a godsend...

Chris

Don't know about Honda's but I had, Sub, amp and all aftermarket speakers installed by a sound shop.

I just installed new D3 myself(07 F-250), all in bought was new wire harness adapter from shop. Cut one end off connected all same color wires and everything else should be done. But like I said dont know about Honda.

Good luck.

I had a 12" sub and Alpine amp installed at a shop while I was still running the factory head unit. They used a line output converter, and with this nothing was running to the headunit itself. They tapped into the rear speakers for the signal to the line output converter and then the RCA's went from the line output converter to the amp. Now that I have the D3 in I'll be ditching the line output converter and taking off those connectors to the rear speakers since they won't be needed.

So I'll just be getting a longer set of RCA's to connect from the amp to the sub out on the RCA harness on the D3. Also they had the remote lead turn on spliced into the ignition wire. I'll be getting rid of this remote lead turn on and I'm running a new one to the remote wire on the RCA harness. Your speaker wire is already hooked from your amp to your sub so nothings changing the. You'll just be changing the RCA setup, I'm assuming that they would have used a line output converter as well. You could leave the remote lead turn on wire wherever they have it now, but I think in order to get all the benefits of any sub control in the D3 you'd have to re-locate this to have it connected to the remote wire on the D3 RCA harness, which is why I'm running a new one. Hope this helps and wasn't confusing.

when u install your radio run the 3 pairs of rca's and the remote wire off the blue/white wire of pioneer deck to your amp. leave the outputs from the amp alone. you may have to re-tune your amps as well. just basically get rid of the lc6. pretty basic install.