AVIC411.com

2007 Altima BOYO reverse camera tap in question

Hi guys, a couple of questions regarding the BOYO VTL400 on my 07 Altima

1. Power tap: I plan to tap the camera to reverse light so that it only turns on when i put the car into reverse. But I've read that sometimes the reverse light wire itself may not have the power to supply the camera? is that true? If that's the case, is there any other wires that I can tap the camera to?

2. Input tap: is that just straight to the back of the D3? so basically just harness it from the trunk to the dash? via doorsills n' stuff.

Thanks so much, trust me I searched throughout the forum and couldnt find the answer.

This will probably work just keep in mind that the camera will only have power when you have the car in reverse. This also might be a problem if the camera needs time to boot up or turn on. Also if you plan on using the rear view like Z2 has when going down the road will not work. For your case, probably useless for cars.

I also considered this, but I ended up running the power from the swich wire on the radio.

Hope this helps

I tapped the reverse signal for power on my Ridgeline and it didn't work. The voltage dropped from 12V to about 2V when the camera was attached.

I ended up putting it on the ignition power. The camera is on all the time this way, so I can use the reverse-view from the navigation menu if I want to.

Hi guys, i just got new info and a new question. Someone on another forum suggested using a relay? is that necessary?

The following image is for a Ford I believe

relay.jpg

Let me see if i get this, so i can crimp the positives together and put them on a female connector, and BOTH negatvie (grounds) on BOTH top and right pins.

BUT WHERE DOES THE BOTTOM ONE CONNECT TO???

I tapped the reverse signal for power on my Ridgeline and it didn't work. The voltage dropped from 12V to about 2V when the camera was attached.

I ended up putting it on the ignition power. The camera is on all the time this way, so I can use the reverse-view from the navigation menu if I want to.

Will this harm the camera by having it on all the time?

Will this harm the camera by having it on all the time?

I don't know what the life expectancy of a CCD video camera is these days. I'm sure that its life will be shorter because it's on all the time, but I can also check the rear view anytime (like with a trailer) because of this. It's a tradeoff I'm willing to take...

You're better off just wiring the camera to ignition power. If you're intent on wiring a relay off your reverse lights, then here's the RIGHT way to do it in an altima.

30 - to + wire of backup camera

87 - to + 12volts ignition or constant don't matter just has to be capable of supplying enough current to power the camera.

85 - to ground

86 - to reverse wire in car.