AVIC411.com

Retain all factory controls when installing in 2003 Tahoe?

I am debating on pulling the trigger on a Z2 but I have a few questions about the setup if anyone can help. I am not new to installing systems, but it’s been a while since I put one in (last put an Alpine CDA-1004 in my Passat five years ago).

First, I have a stock 2003 Tahoe with a Bose system with rear controls and a rear DVD player.

I know I can get a module to retain my steering wheel controls, but my question is regarding sound and the rear DVD player.

1). Will I retain fully functionality of the rear DVD player (can it play the movie sound through the sound system and the headphones)?

2). If I bypass the Z2, can I play a DVD on the rear player and have it play on the unit at the same time? Or vice versa (can I put a DVD in the Z2 and have it play on the rear monitor?

3). I assume the answer to this next question is no, but will the rear stereo controls work if a Z2 is installed?

4). For iPhone users, has the Bluetooth bugs been worked out on the Z2 or is it still not fully compatible?

I hope those questions made sense. Thanks.

it takes alot of work but you can get all controls to work like the factory just get a really experienced installer to do it. it will prob cost some lute for integrating the audio/video from the rear. easiest fix would be to do ur own aftermarket overhead instead of messing with all the wiring for the factory stuff.

it takes alot of work but you can get all controls to work like the factory just get a really experienced installer to do it. it will prob cost some lute for integrating the audio/video from the rear. easiest fix would be to do ur own aftermarket overhead instead of messing with all the wiring for the factory stuff.

Yeah I'm sure anything can be done, but I was wondering how easy it was and I don't want to pay anyone to install. I've always done installs myself. I was just trying to get an idea of the work involved on retaining those functions (if possible).

Anyone recommend an aftermarket overhead DVD player (compatible with the Pioneer) if I have to replace the factory one?

It may be too late, but Check the MFG date of your truck.

03 still has Din and a half radio, and the Z sieres are all Double Din.

Resulting in your new radio being too bog for the opening in the Dash.

Stop by any install shop and have them look at your truck, then ask them if a Double Din will Fit in there without cutting.

SOME.. SOME 03's were produced in LATE 03, and have the 04 dash, which will fit a Double Din.

As far as steering wheel controls. Yes its like a $70 module (SWI-X or SWI-PIO) the pioneer specific will be better.

Rear controls are "Iffy" some of the SWI mods WILL lst you use rear controls, you would have to contact Pac-Audio and ask.

as far as playing DVDS, YES with some work you can play the Rear DVD on the front, and the Front on the Rear, see your Professional Install/CUSTOM shop for this. The interfacing all depends on which system you have from the Factory.

Good Luck

Wolfz23