AVIC411.com

d3 in vw passat

I have:

-Pioneer AVIC-D3

-Pioneer ADT-VA133 (DoubleDin bracket kit)

-PAC C2R-VW adapter (to connect the Pioneer to the OEM socket without having to slice OEM wires makes installation much faster)

-Metra 40-EU55 antenna adapter

-PAC SWI-CAN & PAC SWI-PS adapters (you need both of these if you want to retain steering wheel controls)

-Pioneer CD-I200 (iPod adapter)

-Pioneer CD-BTB200 (Bluetooth adapter)

-Pioneer CD-R55 (remote control)

-Pioneer ND-BC2 or ND-BC20PA (rear view camera)

I got everything in the mail and am about to install everything.

I figured everything out (I hope) except how to connect the PAC C2R-VW adapter to the a/v input output wires coming out of the HU. The wired out of the back of the HU have audio mono connections and the wires out of the adapter are just bare wires.

any advise?

TIA

Jeff

I just got some more info from a friend... the a/v in/out connector on the back of the D3 that he has, has the same wires that I was talking about for my adapter.

The wires on the adapter are positive and negative for each speaker (i.e. positive front right speaker, negative front right speaker).

The wires coming out of my HU are stereo "front speakers" only a left and right channel. Is this a typical connector from the D3, can I get another adapter someplace.

Please let me know.

Thanks

Jeff