AVIC411.com

Someone help with speaker/amp choices

Hey guys, my first post here, although I have been reading for some time now. This is an excellent resource.

Here is what Im looking at. This is my current setup:

Pioneer Avic D3 unit

4 Eclipse 5x7 4way speakers powered by a

MTX Audio tc3404 4 channel thunder amp

MTX 6000 series 12" sub powered by a

Sony 800watt Xplod 2006 model amp

I am satisfied with my sounds, but I do want more room in my trunk, and the best sound I can get. I am looking for quality. My true speaker size is a 6x8.

I was thinking of upgrading to the following:

4 Pioneer Premier tsd 802p 2 way speakers powered by

Alpine pdx 4.150 or a Pioneer ICE series PRS-D4200F

NEED A REALLY GOOD 10" sub (I want to go smaller to save on space, but dont wanna lose the base I have now with my 12")

10" sub powered by Alpine PDX 1.1000 1000 Watt Mono Block Digital Amplifier? Will mono suffice, or does bridging a 2 channel make a huge difference?

Could someone share their thoughts, comments, or their opinion on the best of the best for the setup im looking for? I have chosen these options based on things i have read here and other places online.

the pdx 1.1000 is awesome! have it love it!.....and for a 10" sub...well what kind of vehicle are you putting it in?....how much mounting depth do you have? if thats not a worry why not try a JL audio W6....will bump your vehicle so much harder than that Mtx with the alpine pdx 1000 pushing it

Sony is garbage, don't put it near your car unless its under the tire to keep it from rolling away.

The second system looks good, but if you are dropping that kind of coin, why not step up to the premier components for the front? And a sub is hard to recommend without knowing your space constraints and how much power you will definitely be giving it

Thanks for your replies. Its not that I am really tight on space, but I do not want to lose my trunk space. My job requires me to need the trunk space. I have an 03 Merc. Grand Marquis and I am trying to fit the 10" sub on the shelf in the back between the rear seat and trunk space. It is right above the fuel tank. But I have 6x8's all around. Although I have been told I can fit a 6x9 in the rear deck. What do you all recommend for speakers if you think Pioneer 802p's arent all that good?

As for the amp suggestions, go with Alpine or Pioneer premier? The apline looks like it has more power...But I guess anything will do better than my MTX 4 channel.

Even a 6.5 component can be easily fit in a 6 X 8 hole, some of them even come with adaptors already. The Premier PRS components are nice for the price, or other higher end brands like Focal, Morel, etc.

The Alpine PDX and small Pioneer's sound exactly the same to me, but if the Alpine claims more power for the same price, go that route