AVIC411.com

2007 Expedition Question??

I am new to this forum, which rocks by the way. I am installing a Z2 into my 2007 Expedition, with factory SUB. I got the Metra 70-5521 kit from Crutchfield, though I did not buy the radio from them. (www.pricegrabber.com had the best price I found)

Anyways, I have pretty much everything set up, but there is a 3rd Factory harness which I have no adapters, or connections to hook up to the pioneer. Infact, there are no more wires left from the Z2 to hook up to the vehicle. So my question: Is this normal, i.e. is this the vehicle specific sensors, which the pioneer does not use at all, or am I completely missing something?

Also, since I'm writing this, and have not searched on the topic, I'll ask anyway: My other question: Should I find a power wire for the backup camera which only powers on in Reverse? If so, do you know where a good spot in my Expedition would be? Or should I just tap into the Green/Brown wire that the Reverse Sensing wire is into? And no, I havn't taken a voltmeter to it, just figured I would try to save some time now.

Thank you to all... This forum has been great for th elast few weeks of researching and studying for this install.

Cheers, Dave

Don't need it. That's the harness that carries the factory sirius/aux plug/rear dvd. Just power up the camera with ignition power. It ain't gonna hurt the camera. Plus you will be able to check the camera while you're not in reverse.

Any other questions?

• 4 weeks later...