AVIC411.com

I am a newbie to both the AVIC and this forum and think they're both great. I have a D2 and I've not been able to find a legend for all of the different POI symbols or highway colors. It seems that roads are red, green, blue and orange, but I can't seem to figure out what the meaning is. I've tried searching, but also can't find the answers using the keywords "color", "legend", "symbol", or "map". Anybody know where I can find these?

I don't think even asking Pioneer would help with that, somebody already went that route and it yielded nothing. Try the site for the people who created the map database... which would be Telenav if I recall correctly.

Ya know, I saw that as one of the replies in my previous search, and the site was not helpful. There was a nice listing of the different products and how to purchase updates, but no tech support component.

I was hoping that maybe someone around here had figured all of it out and posted a guide...maybe that's something I'll do in 20 years when I'm retired and bored :)

So what you're saying is that you have a Z3 and it provides a legend for your unit both in the nav disc and in the printed manual? I'd bet the symbols are pretty similar if not identical. If anybody has a way to screenshot those symbols, I'd appreciate it. Also, is there any explanation of the different road colors? Thanks for all of the replies!

> Although we do provide raw data that is used by Pioneer, we are not

> involved in the software used to display it or the production of the

> data as directly used by their units.

>

> You should contact Pioneer.

>

> Regards

> Rik Sheridan

> Customer Support

> Tele Atlas North America

> (800) 331-7881 x4357

So, I guess it's back to Pioneer. I'll post again when I hear back...