AVIC411.com

WATCH VIDEO of Z1 [USA] or HDBT1 as known in europe.

hi everyone

below is the link to view Z1 BASIC FUNCTIONING AND FEATURES. I HOPE IT HELPS to have a closer look for the ones who are thinking to buy one. i liked it and hope you will also.

[url=http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7415820573154402946&q=pioneer+navigation]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... navigation[/url]
Great video there, I have forwarded it to a couple of friends in Europe.

My car is at the shop as I type this and is having a Z1 and other goodies installed.

When the thing about MP3 playback was mentioned in the clip a CD was being put into the unit.
I would expect its the same as the Z1 here in the US, Mp3 playback from CD's, they didn't say from what media.

The picture ID for incoming calls looks cool but how often would you use it, you need pictures of everyone and then you'd need to upload them.
I would not even look at the unit for incoming calls, just hit accept call by default.

The Zip code thing looks neat, doesn't the U.S. Z1 have that (haven't tried it yet as I am having mine installed now), it would make sense as pretty much everything here is zip code dependant, would be strange if the unit doeesn't support that.

Satellite radio, I lived in Europe (Germany) for quite a number of years and have driven with people in luxury cars with gps navigation units and I don't remember any satellite radio services.

Bluetooth, I like how everyone and every advertisement mentions the great bluetooth features, what they don't tell you up front is that you need to fork out another $120 plus installation for it.

Can't wait to get my car back :D
postcode searches in the UK are real easy cause each postcode actually only covers maybe 6 physical houses... UNFORTUNATELY, a zipcode over here in the States covers 20 or 30 SQUARE MILES... maybe searching for the center of a zipcode so you get into the general area, but there's no way you can enter it like the UK version... where you enter postcode followed by house number

maybe zip+4 will get you a little closer, but how many people even know their +4 digits???