AVIC411.com

Pre install questions and security concerns :(

Hey everyone! :D 1st post here, so lemme start by saying what I have. 2007 Pontiac G6 GTP - Avic-Z2, ND-BT1, CD-IB100II, GEX-P10XMT, ND-BC2. None of it is installed yet... Waiting in the boxes they shipped in. I need to work out some design implementation kinks first. I read just about every post I could find on the SWI-PS & CD-SR1. My concern is for the SWI-PS, I have 5 buttons on my steering wheel already Vol, Trk, & CD Change (built-in6cd), so the only thing I would want changed is that into a "Mode' button. But is the only thing this doesn't do is control the BlueTooth/Phone function? It seems it's a lot more reliable than the CD-SR1 according to posts and the IR issues (windows are a dark tint tho...). Even tho the CD-SR1 has a lot more functionality. I imagine having both would be a sure fire way to have it all working correctly, but maybe over-kill. I need to buy one or both of them, so any insight is appreciated.

I read the guys post on getting his Z2 stolen and that sucks ass to no end. One of my previous systems was stolen, but they took EVERYTHING. Double din Sony, 1900 watt amp, 2 12" Earthquakes, and the god damn box. I hated people for a while :evil: But i digress... Does anyone know of security screws that would fit the Z2? You know, having the same thread and all. I have a 2way Clifford alarm, so anything that would SLOW a break-in down would help a lot. Others said covering it with something, ya I can rig up something, I was thinking of taking old wires and sticking them thru a broken dark piece of plastic then covering the face so its looks like it was already taken lol. My friend uses the towel method.

Anyways those are my main concerns, feedback is very welcome. And I'm sure I'll be back *crosses fingers* after the install is done.

Thanks. :wink:

Wouldnt that be a question best answered by taking out one of your stock screws and seeing if there is a security screw that is the same length and thread as your stockers. Or if you are using the Z2 screws grab them and head to the hardware store and check.

A google search brings up a bunch of security screws as well. Dont know the size off the top of my head though.