AVIC411.com

Disassemble*.PRG files on DVD

By the way, dont complain about my english...I suppose that it will better then your french !!

Thats right, beings I speak French, well Cajun French (the kind yall dont understand) I agree, yalls French will be better than the others... but remember now, this a predominately U.S. forum and over here we speak English. If we were posting over in your forum or in your country yall would be complaining about our shitty French.... :lol:

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm an American serving in US Armed forces Europe.... and i am in the same conundrum as the French guy. I have a US Spec Pioneer AVIC D3 unit i bought in the states with GPS. Correct me if i am wrong but doesn't GPS stand for GLOBAL positioning service or system..? i bought a GPS unit it can tell me where i am Globally... whether i am in Kansas or Butt Fuk India... Apparently i didn't buy that and as it turns out what i really bought was a UPS ( US Positioning system ) because as soon as i placed the European NAVI Disc in my Pioneer GPS Marketed D3 unit, they didn't work...

Thats like buying buy a 4x4 Jeep and then the damn thing turns off on you when you want to go off-roading on specific roads...

I too think its bull crap... :angry:

i have tried different resources and i really believe the D3's from Europe and the US are the same... i think the key is in the disc...

After numerous hours trying to mix files and change values on some of the files within the Discs, i still haven't been able to make them work....

• 1 year later...

I bought a car too which was imported from the us and clearly the radio wasn't the selling point. But I do think that GPS is GPS. I mean I can load US maps to my old Garmin unit I bought in the shop around here. That it is not possible the other way round is a bit dissapointing. So I have a good radio (not for good radio reception for the missing even frequencies) but for the features which half of it I cannot use.. gonna stay with my mobile phone navigator, that takes every map!