AVIC411.com

Rear Camera not working in Split-View Mode

I am hoping this is an easy fix :?

I have a Z2 with the Pioneer ND-BC2 Rear Camera. The camera operates normally when the vehicle is put in reverse, input is displayed on the screen normally. HOWEVER, when I go into display mode and select the splt-mode (rear camera and map) I got a black screen where the camera input should be and the map displays correctly.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

I agree that it is currently powered by the reverse lights. I am a little green around the edges though - :oops:

I didn't install the unit originally so I am just going by instructions/illustrations. It looks like the camera comes with a power supply unit. Is this PS powered by the Z2 or by another power source (thus the reverse lights)?

Just trying to figure out which wire I need to connect to consant 12V? Is it on the Z2 or the camera? Anything/Everything is appreciated.

Thanks!

Connect the power lead of the back up camera box (it's the one with the fuse on it) to the red wire behind the nav unit. That way it is on anytime the nav unit is on, and shuts down with the vehicle. Don't forget, you still need the purple/white wire of the nav unit connected to the reverse light so it knows to turn on the back up input automatically.