AVIC411.com

A couple of Ipod questions

I have a couple questions about the Ipod interface. I've read a little about computability with different generation Ipods, and I got a little confused.

1. What Ipods are compatible with an AVIC N4 (all I want to do is play mp3's and charge the Ipod, no video)

Also, I like to listen to books on tape. This is very nice with CD/DVD discs, since the resume from the same place, when I turn the car off and on again.

2. Will the Ipod do the same thing?

Thanks in advance for all you help

Do not believe this guy!!!!!......i have a n4 and the ipod classic (80GB), and it does not work at all...every single time you connect the classic you will eventually get the error "A0" on the avic-n4. I tried updating and then downgrading the ipod...nothing works....thanks to him (whtcrxghst), i bough a new generation, instead of hunting down a 5th generation (which by the way works wonders!!!!)....good luck bud.

If you do not belive me try by yourself (just make you can return your ipod to the place where you buy it).

jgon. Why are you the only one out of thousands of people on this board that can't figure it out? Every time you ask for help, nobody knows because theirs all work. Maybe your ipod is bad, shit I don't know. You are welcome to come see my classic work on an N4 and D3. I demo it for customers all the time

Well....i thought that the "purpose" for these forums is to HELP....i really apologize if i insulted you in some way :oops: ....but after asking for help several times and not getting an answer you get frustrated, when you spent around $1600 and does not work the way its supposed to you get a little anxious...i will try to return it and try a new one....sometimes is better to see for yourself. If everone had an stereo shop (like yours) we all be knowledgeable and you will be out of business :D

well i returned to the store and tried anotherone...guest what!!....does not work....returned again and tried a 3rd ipod classic....does not work either..... :?::?::?: ....then i tried a 5th generation and works flawesly....does anyone has an idea what it might be....please i am really frustrated!!!!.....what does error A0 means???? thanks for your time and help

well i give up......my ipod 6th generation does not work.....thanks for all your help man, i really appreciate it...i just called pioneer, and they told me generation 6 is not compatible with the avic-n4. I will just wait for the new cable (updated version of the I200) in a couple of months or an apple update. :cry::cry::cry: