AVIC411.com

Need help on brand new Z2

I have read a lot of posts and as far as I can tell this should work. I am having issues with the nav really do not care about the bypass. My nav does not give turn by turn instructions it knows when i reach the set destination but nothing from the time i set it to i arrive.

I did the two wire bypass and it seems to be working no nag screen about it not being hooked up incorrectly. When i go to connections it is showing that the parking brake is off. When I try to load the CD it tells me the software is older than what I am running.

If something like this has been answered I am sorry for reposting just really frustrated and you guys seem to be far more knowledgeable than my local stereo shop.

thanks

Is this a brand new Z2 out of the box? Did anyone make any changes to the HD, or is it totally a new unit. What CD are you trying to load? Is tha an update for the unit? Or is it a music cd. I can try to help you if you like.

Mike

I have bought 2 D2 units, and 2 Z1 units and installed them in 4 cars for me and friends. I know a come about the nav units from Pioneer.

I realized that I do not need the CD. The bypass is working fine I can watch movies etc...

My issue is that i have no turn by turn guidance. I am in the Houston metro area so there should be no issue. I apologize if this is in the wrong section but I assume the hackers no more than anyone else.

Anyone else had issues with this. Everything else seems to be working fine back up, ipod, bluetooth etc.. The nav is just not working correctly it shows the route and me on the route just no guidance or redirect if I go off route. The only audible notice I get is when I arrive at the destination.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

08 super duty with out premium sound. No special adapter. I can not get into guided mode unless I am in demo sitting still, in demo mode everything works as one would think it would. Turn by turn guidance, blown up turn point s etc.. as soon as i start moving demo mode is aborted and I am back to square zero with nothing but a green line. The redirect is not working either when I get off route.

i don't understand this is frustrating the crap out of me.

Thanks again.

1. The turn-by-turn feature is actually turned on and off by the "Enlarged map of the intersection" setting. Go to Menu -> Map -> Close Up View. Set it to 2D or 3D. (see page 41 in the Z2 manual for more info)

2. Some roads (the route displayed and highlighted in purple) have only basic data and can only be used to plot a navigable route. Pioneer Navigation will only display a navigable route on the map (only the arrival guidance for the destination or a waypoint is available). Please review and obey all local traffic rule along the highlighted route. (For your safety.) No turn-by-turn directions will be displayed on these roads. When your vehicle reaches to the entrance of this road, the icon will be displayed beside the direction arrow, indicating that the guidance is not available with this type of road. The icon will be indicated for roads that have available guidance. The Close-up of intersection function, Auto Reroute function, Changing the view to [Guide Mode], or [Route View] are not available. (see page 43 in the Z2 manual for more info)