AVIC411.com

Just got my new Avic Z2, what new updates do Ineed to apply?

Alright so I am installing my Z2 today and have heard of update to the unit, mostly a bluetooth update but what eles must be done...my unit was manufactured August 2007, must it be updated?

Also do the maps come preloaded, because my unit didnt come with discs?

And last but not least if anyone can help, my Ipod adapter didnt arive yet , what can I use as a cheap substitute to get my ipod playing for now?

Thanks to all for any help!

Alright so I am installing my Z2 today and have heard of update to the unit, mostly a bluetooth update but what eles must be done...my unit was manufactured August 2007, must it be updated?
The Z2 already comes with the Bluetooth update. The only other update is the Freezing fix [LINK]

Also do the maps come preloaded, because my unit didnt come with discs?
The maps come preloaded on the HDD. It does not come with map discs, and you will never need them =).

And last but not least if anyone can help, my Ipod adapter didnt arive yet , what can I use as a cheap substitute to get my ipod playing for now?

Just get a headphone to rca adaptor (3.5mm to Stereo-RCA Male Cable) like this one [LINK]. One end into the iPod's headphone jack, other end into the A/V in on the Z2. Make sure to enable the AV input in the Z2 setup.