AVIC411.com

running avic D3 with boyo vtl400 quick question

im alittle confused, if i connect the camara to my backup lights, i am under the impression that camara will come on when i put vehicle in rev, but what happens if i am going down the road while in navi mode and hit map and than camara will that also turn on camara? if not what is that button for, thanks for any help

if you want to watch your camera while going down the road, you will have to wire the camera power source to an always on power source. I did that with my boyo and it works fine.

if i wire it up using backkup lights and driving down road what happens when you hit the camara button in the menu?

if i wire it your way, will not come on when i put vehicle in reverse will it?

the reverse trigger wire on the d3 is what is to be hooked to the back up lights. When it gets a signal from the reverse lights it activates the d3 reverse mode. this does turn on the camera if the power is also taken from the back up lights. But if wired that way, the camera will only have power if in reverse. If you want to use the camera any other time, you have to give it power from a source that is always on in the cars run mode.

so there is 2 wires for power? i thought that the only power wire was the one from the backup lights

so to make sure i understand this right, you have a wire that goes to backup lights also a wire that goes to 12v source that is only activated when the car is running, and a video wire from camara to back of HD, and a ground, total of 4 wires to be hooked up?

That would be correct.

1. Reverse wire goes to avic

2. Ignition power to camera

3. ground to camera

4. video wire from camera to avic.

with this setup the camara will work when car is in reverse,but turn off when backup lights go out (put car into drive)

and when i go to rear view option in the HD, if i want to check out my trailer while driving down interstate.......right?