AVIC411.com

Install in Ford Edge

if you dont have a factory sub, you wont get the pop

Thanks MisFit. I got her in everything is working great with the exception of the steering wheel control. I looked and looked and had a few people check the wiring and all looks good except it won't program the controls. It's hooked up exactly as instructed by PAC....

Also, no idea where the VSS wire is on the Edge. Anyone have any idea???

Ford changed to a data-generated VSS signal in later model cars, Paul - perhaps you need one of these: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-200 ... 0228909185

Interesting... The wiring harness looks correct but the PAC unit is different.

This is from PAC... Looked what fit the Edge and here's the intructions. http://www.pac-audio.com/swixprogrammin ... les&ID=561

2006gt both of the interfaces are from PAC the one linked to ebay is for your aftermarket installation (RAP, VSS, Illumination, Aux input, etc.) the one you list is only a interface that allows you to retain your steering wheels controls if you replace your factory radio, so if you would need both if you wish to retain steering wheels controls

I have a 2006 ford fusion with a D3 and no vss but could not find any info as to whether the adapter bashed listed above would work (other than PAC stating it does), but i can tell you that i do have the PAC SWC interface and it works fairly well

2006gt both of the interfaces are from PAC the one linked to ebay is for your aftermarket installation (RAP, VSS, Illumination, Aux input, etc.) the one you list is only a interface that allows you to retain your steering wheels controls if you replace your factory radio, so if you would need both if you wish to retain steering wheels controls

I have a 2006 ford fusion with a D3 and no vss but could not find any info as to whether the adapter bashed listed above would work (other than PAC stating it does), but i can tell you that i do have the PAC SWC interface and it works fairly well

Thanks for the reply saltshaker. I don't think I need both... I can hook my VSS, Illumination and RAP up directly to the wiring harness. I have a email off to PAC to help answer these questions. i'll let you know how it goes. ;)