AVIC411.com

No Ring Tones when making phone calls with bluetooth?

I have a customer who has a Z2 with NDBT1. When you make a phone call from the phone, you do not getting any ringing through the speakers. It is silent until someone picks up the phone call. The strange thing is when you use the z2 to dial out, the ring tone does play through the speakers. I tried pairing a different phone with the same results. He has a PDA phone and I have a Razor V9M. Has anyone had any issues like this before??? Thanks for any help or advice.

My At&t Tilt, 8125, and Razr all do this as well. My brother has a stock Lexus nav system that does the same thing too, so I thought it was just a general bluetooth issue (he's got a Treo). The real annoying thing is that because you don't hear the ring tone, you also don't hear the person pickup and say "hello" the first time. You only hear the person on the other ends second attempt which is usually a sarcastic "heeelllooo!"

Lexus nav systems only do that with GSM phones. Have your brother get a CDMA phone and itll work perfectly

That ain't gonna work. His work takes him oversees quite often and GSM is the standard. CDMA is a quickly fading standard anyway. As far as I know most of the major carriers use GSM now anyway. So why should anyone take a leap backwards? I think my old nokia 6100 was a CDMA phone...that was 1997.

your nokia was TDMA.

The only reason GSM is 'larger' is because its cheaper. The technology is actually far FAR behind CDMA. Average data speeds on GSM is ~44kbps. CDMA will average 120kbps on 1xRTT and now 800kbps on EVDO-RevA. GSM is 2.5G, while CDMA is 3G. 4G technology will see use of the new LTE networks that will blow away both CDMA and GSM.

So while you argue that GSM is a better technology, i suggest you do some homework.

Its like saying chevy is the best car in the world..why if cops use them, they have to be the best!

Abe

Whatever...I wasn't arguing anything, only stated a fact that had nothing to do with performance.

When our people go to Star City, Russia to support missions my phone works thanks to GSM. When I'm transferring flights in Amsterdam...you guessed it, my phone works. When the standard here was TDMA or CDMA or whatever we were screwed when we went overseas to do mission support. Thanks to the cell companies conforming to the standard used in Europe its made our jobs easier and doesn't cost the taxpayers an arm and a leg to pay for extra phones and service (which is what we use to do...it wasn't cheap. You try managing a Russian or European cell phone service contract from this side of pond, it ain't easy). I could care less which standard is used or about the transfer speeds just so long as it works.

I think I'll save myself the trouble and the taxpayers some $$ and stick with the current standard of service regardless of whether it works with my car stereo or not. That all the homework I need to do. Pioneer and the cell companies will eventually fix the issue anyway.