AVIC411.com

Questions... and comments about my Z1.

So far, I like what I see. The navi system tried to take me the long way from my home to the interstate, but it's still learning, and my house is built in an uber-new section of town, so according to the map, I'm about 1/2 mile off the nearest road.

The sound dynamics are awesome. I have an '06 Ford Expedition with the Audiophile sound system. Other than an amplified OEM HU with in-dash CD changer and powered subwoofer, I'm not sure what that means exactly (upgraded speakers? doubtful.)... but the new EQ settings on the Z1 and power sent to my speakers sounds like night and day compared to the old HU settings. Outstanding!

I have a few questions, though. When CDs are ripped into the library, it would be nice to be able to sort by artist. I'm not sure how else to articulate this except by example: I've ripped 2 Metallica CDs (and will likely rip 4 or 5 more). When I search by artist (Metallica), it takes me into the first album (in this case, Garage, Inc., Disc I) I ripped instantly, without giving me the option to choose which album I'd like to hear by that artist. In other words, when I have 5 Metallica CDs ripped into the library, and I tell the library to search for Metallica, will I only be taken into that first-in-time ripped CD? Maybe I'm overlooking something, but it would be nice to press "Metallica," and then have a listing of albums by artist, rather than searching by album.

I know that I can do that (search by album), but when I do, there is no artist information. Maybe I'm asking too much... but when viewing the playlist by album, it would be nice to see which artist published the album. Anyone know if I'm overlooking something?

I finally found how to set the clock. :oops: :lol:

I'm getting a little echo on my bluetooth adapter, but with adjusting the volume and speaker output, that can be overcome.

RDS would be nice, and it's surprising that a high-end unit like this one doesn't support it... or the ability to "label" preset stations. That would be handy, especially with satellite radio.

I'm pretty satisfied overall. I'd like an update for the map DVD, but I'm not sure when that will be (likely not for a few years), which is unfortunate.
I think we are all waiting for an update to the map database. I too live in the burbs and there are many new streets out here...it would be neat to have the 3D graphics in the burbs and not just the major metropolitan cities. Not a big deal just a wish.