AVIC411.com

How Can I Tell What Generation My iPod is???

Just bought a classic 80g ipod for the sole purpose of playing music and video through my AVIC - D3. Won't let me play video even with video out on ipod on and all shuffles off. Can someone please tell me how am I able to determine what generation my ipod is and how I can determine what firmware it has. And now that I've found out that the cd-1200 cable I just bought is only good for audio, what is the best way, if any, to get my video from my ipod to play on my D3??? HELP!!!

Thanks!

If it's an ipod classic (which it would say "classic" on the back in small type somewhere) it's a 6th gen ipod.

You can see what firmware is on it by syncing it with itunes. It will tell you on the device's info page in itunes while it's plugged in to your computer.

The only way for it to play video over the pioneer cable is to roll the firmware back to 1.0.2

Would you be kind enough to tell me step by step how I am able to roll oll the firmware back to 1.0.2 on my computer? I'm not very savy when it comes to things like this and secondly, will this erase my ipod? Finally, will it enable the AVIC-D3 to finally play video through the cd-1200 cable?

Thanks So Much...

I don't know. That's why I bough a previous gen ipod!

I know the steps have been posted here before. Do a search for "ipod firmware 1.0.2" and use the "search for all terms" option, and something should come up.

I don't know. I haven't heard anything about it messing anything up. I don't see why it would... I mean, it was a licensed firmware released by Apple for the same ipod you would be installing it on... but if for some reason it messes it up, I guess you could just update back to the current firmware.