AVIC411.com

Installation help!~Avic D3 in 08 scion tC

Hi guys, I'm thinking to buy avic d3 and thinking to install it myself.

Will it be hard to install it myself?

And also, since 08 tC comes with built in AUX and IPOD port, can i hook it up with Avic D3?

Anyone out there who had tried installing avic d3 in their 08 tC?

Alex

hey man, i have a 06 tc and it shouldn't be any different.

installation is pretty easy. just color match and crimp all the wires together. there are some that are unused. vss wire is located on the harness behind the hvac and the reverse wire is located behind the glove box. go to scionlife.com and there is actually a guide that will help you. overall, installation is pretty easy. just make sure you have all the correct hardware like the brackets and the wiring harness. brackets on the oem radio will need to be modified in order for the door to fully close.

as for the ipod, you can use the aux port. only thing is you won't be able to control the ipod on the d3. so it's best if you buy the ipod cable.

anything else, let me know.

just for you information, scion tC for 08 tc comes with IPOD ready, which means in 08 tC we have can access ipod using ipod cable and it is built in the glove box.

I'm wondering can connect the d3 to the ipod port that is already built in the glove box.

In tC 08, we have both AUX and IPOD ready.