AVIC411.com

Z2 BYPASS STILL DOESNT WORK

Just a thought, but when you go back in to verify the pin connection in the #2 harness, add a spot of crazy glue on the back side of the harness to hold that pin in position...that's what saved my a**!

ahhhh.... I don't know if I would do that. Glue is not needed for this connector. There are 30 other wires on those harnesses and those are all reliable, if you needed glue you buggered up the terminal before you re-inserted it. If removed correctly and inserted correctly, there is no need for glue. The other problem is that if you glue it in and don't get it correctly, you won't be able to change anything.

You might need to take the little "tang" which holds the terminal in and pry it out with a pin, it should be at about a 35 - 40 deg angle.

Just a thought, but when you go back in to verify the pin connection in the #2 harness, add a spot of crazy glue on the back side of the harness to hold that pin in position...that's what saved my a**!

ahhhh.... I don't know if I would do that. Glue is not needed for this connector. There are 30 other wires on those harnesses and those are all reliable, if you needed glue you buggered up the terminal before you re-inserted it. If removed correctly and inserted correctly, there is no need for glue. The other problem is that if you glue it in and don't get it correctly, you won't be able to change anything.

You might need to take the little "tang" which holds the terminal in and pry it out with a pin, it should be at about a 35 - 40 deg angle.

Yeah the first one I did, I added a dot of solder to hold it in. The solder ended up going down into the open end of the pin, so when the harness was inserted into the HU, that solder ended up pushing my pin into the HU :???:

Once I figured it out, I pulled the pin back out flush with the rest and started all over with another wire for that hole. This time I just used a dab of crazy glue on top of the pin in the harness to keep it in place. I was very careful not to get the glue on any other pins.

Sounds messy, but it was a clean job and it's all working great :cool: