AVIC411.com

Just got a avic D3

hey guys i have buyed a avic d3 from ebay(US).I just received it(Holland) and i would like to know where i can download maps because i got USA maps that i dont need :wink: .By the way i saw some people selling Bypass things on ebay do i need to buy it?My last question is how to make the acid d3 region free? :wink:

Thanks in advance

Weebeast

Sorry to say it, dude... but European disks do not work in the US AVIC-D3 units... Should have researched it first.

Buying/downloading European disks won't do a thing for you.

The bypass things being sold on ebay are a ripoff. You don't need anything more than what comes in the box with the unit to bypass it.

And there is no way to make the unit region free.

Sorry to rain on your parade...

The problem is that it's more than just the DVD being for the wrong region that makes it not work. I'm not going to get into it, because it's quite complicated... but there are a few topics on the board where people made pretty exhausting attempts to get it to work with no payout.

I'm not saying it's 100% not possible to make the EU disk work in the US unit... but if it is possible, you've got a LONG road ahead of you.

Try to create dvd disk with European maps using normal program (Nero, ConvertX) and don’t burn disk only keep in folder.

Then use 'shrink dvd',to recode this 'new disk' and mark only region 1.

Program will automatically burn disk only to marked region.

edit And when creating new disk set DVD format to NTSC not PAL Coz PAL format ccould be set automatically on your system.

will this work? :wink: