AVIC411.com

I got a refurb 5Gen Ipod for my car to leave in the glovebox for my AVIC-D3.

I noticed it seems to be always powered on with it attached to the pioneer ipod cable.. is this bad?

Also I was wondering about the temperature that it may encounter being in my car.. cold weather, hot weather etc.

Is the Ipod durable enough to just leave plugged up like that and not worry about it failing?

Whatever power it's drawing even with the car is off. Is that going to have any effect on my battery of the car?

Lots of questions in this post just wanted to throw these out there that are on my mind of a new Ipod and AVIC-D3 user.

Thanks 8)

I got a refurb 5Gen Ipod for my car to leave in the glovebox for my AVIC-D3.

I noticed it seems to be always powered on with it attached to the pioneer ipod cable.. is this bad?...Whatever power it's drawing even with the car is off. Is that going to have any effect on my battery of the car?

never noticed that but im going to say that when the car is off and you see the ipod on...its being powered by the ipod battery/power not the car/stereo.

Also I was wondering about the temperature that it may encounter being in my car.. cold weather, hot weather etc.

it shouldnt matter because your cars interior isnt made of tin(sweatbox)...it has some type of insulation. similar to a home. plu sthe sun isnt hitting it directly.Iis it? Mine is in the glovebox and no prob for i year. i live in so cal.

Is the Ipod durable enough to just leave plugged up like that and not worry about it failing?

shouldnt fail. its Apple.