AVIC411.com

today i had to tuck in the sirius external antenna. i have the z2 with the prn2 sirius tuner.

the antenna wire was damaged while i was tucking in the wire in the rear window molding.

the radio was on while i was doing this. after i saw the metal in teh wiring after i tapped it in with a screw driver the sirius turned off. the rasio still worked but the sirius tuner would not come on. it would show on the main menu either.

im thinking the outter metal sheath touched something metal on the car.

i dont think the inner wire ever came in contact with the outer part of the wire.

so i went out and bought another antenna but is seems like it isnt working still.

is my tuner fried?? or do i just need to look for the fuse? the tuner is tucked in the trunk liner so i have yet to pull it out for a full check see.

anyone know if its fried or just a fuse?

finished taking out the wire with the 1amp fuse. just by looking at it, i couldnt tell but i had to test it with my tester. it was blown. that was sure helpfull. i didnt have to take out the whole unit or wiring.

as a precaution to others. bare antenna wire is enough to blow the 1amp fuse. never knew that much power went through it.

thanks for the reply.

also to avoid the wire being damaged, pretty much from installation, i decided to install it on the inside of the car.

it works pretty good. installed the sirius, xm, and navigation antenna on the rear deck on my gf accord.

so for all you people out there the rear deck works great. the only thing you have to do is use that little metal this sheet under the antenna's.

the reflectiveness help a ton.

when yesterday i installed the sirius ant the signal would just cut in/out all the time. when i put it on the supplied part, metal sheet, the signal never gave out, more then it did before whenn i had the antenna installed on top of the car.