AVIC411.com

2006 Toyota Avalon + AVIC-Z2

Posted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:22 pm Post subject: 2006 Toyota Avalon + AVIC-Z2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys,

I just bought AVIC-Z2, and my car is Toyota Avalon 2006. I want to say thank to this forum members for their help. I bought AVIC-Z2 thinking that it can be installed by BestBuy or Circuit City Audio shops, well guess what they cannot install AVIC-Z2 in AVALON 2005 and up. If some one can they were charging me $300 plus dollars for it, because according to them it is very very hard, because there is no DASH KIT for Toyota Avalon 2005 and up.

So i thought why i cannot do it, so my brother helped and thanks to this forum for their help and special thanks to Crutchfield for providing excellent wire harness for only $49.

Trust me it is easy as hell, don;t think you cannot do it. If i can then any one can.

Here is a guide:

Things you need to Install.

1. Wiring Harness from Crutchfield = $49 plus shipping.

2. Black Cardboard = Free (find it)

3. couple of Washer Spacers from Home Depot = .50 cent each (4 needed)

4. 1 Hour of FREE Time Price Less :D

PICTURES GO TO THIS LINK

Posted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:22 pm Post subject: 2006 Toyota Avalon + AVIC-Z2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys,

I just bought AVIC-Z2, and my car is Toyota Avalon 2006. I would really appreciate any help in terms of installing it and unlocking it. Best Buy is charging me arm and leg for general install.

My question is Can i install it by myself ?

What Wire harness or kit i will need in order to install by myself?

Does any one here has 2005-2008 Toyota Avalon with AVIC-Z series Navigation ? If yes can please post some pictures and help me out ?

Or Does any one live in columbia, MD or some where near can install this for me with unlocking also ?

Thanks for every ones help in advance

Check here for vehicle specific info http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/index.php and here for what's needed for the install http://www.crutchfield.com/S-d3XOau7YzEg/cgi-bin/autoinfo/autoinfo.asp?id=&vehicleid=18615&vb=&TypeCH=&lp=%2Fapp%2FCar%2FMyCar%2Easpx&sl=

Make sure you select your specific vehicle and then go to the Z2 product page. There it'll list what kit or harness you'll need.

The install in my F-150 was pretty easy and I saved a few hundred dollars by searching the F-150 forums for info and coming here for info as well :idea:

If you're in a rush and don't mind dropping the extra $$ to have someone do it, then stick with Best Buy. If you want to save that install money to use on some accessories, then take the time to research and do it yourself.

You can do what I did. Go to Crutchfield.com or call them direct. Tell the what you have and what you drive. They can fix you up with an install kit for your Z2 and the correct wiring harness for your car. They also supply complete printed instructions for your install. Also if a problem comes up tyou can call anytime for tech support for your install. All tech support is free by the way. I have been using Crutchfield for about 20 years now with no complaints. Their prices for instalation kits and harnesses are very good and tech support for free, you just can't beat it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...