AVIC411.com

Post your Z3 map screen shots

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no one has posted because so far, i have seen 0 differences. Other than the splash screen showing 2/2008 on it.... A street that was completed at least 2 years ago in San Diego still does not show up... For what ever reason from the Z1 to the Z2 i lost 1 of the two Starbucks near my work in Sorrento Valley...still gone in the Z3 version...

I've noticed that my NavTraffic roads are accurate now, but that's about it. Before it was like they had keyed in the coordinates wrong and there were jagged lines going across roads that didn't exist.

But the piss-poor rerouting algorithm remains in effect :roll:

My wifes parents live in a small town (cairo Georgia). We only saw the major state roads intersecting the town on the Z1/Z2. It was useless whenever we visited it made showing the AVIC qualities a little tough.

After I updated to Z3 I panned over to Cairo just for grins and WHOA !! THE ENTIRE TOWN IS THERE..... AT LEAST ONE HUNDRED+ ROADS.

I would guess with confidence that there must be many dozens of such updates...

you lie GTA maps are much better now

:shock: I don't lie you little idiot, show me one area that is improved. :roll:

I'll be happy to drop in my other HDD to show you that whatever you just discovered was already on the Z2 image.

And by the way, I drove 30 miles north of Toronto yesterday only to get a message that "Guidance was not available for this area". What good is guidance when 30 miles away from the core of a 3 million city, and while still being in a well populated area and on 80 year old roads there is no guidance. :cry:

Large lakes with a 25 mi shore line are still not on the map either.

Turning on my Magellan the guidance works everywhere and even much smaller lakes are on the map.

try Markham

and plz dont call me an idiot :x

I'll be happy to drop in my other HDD to show you that whatever you just discovered was already on the Z2 image.

And by the way, I drove 30 miles north of Toronto yesterday only to get a message that "Guidance was not available for this area". What good is guidance when 30 miles away from the core of a 3 million city, and while still being in a well populated area and on 80 year old roads there is no guidance. :cry:

Large lakes with a 25 mi shore line are still not on the map either.

Turning on my Magellan the guidance works everywhere and even much smaller lakes are on the map.

try Markham

and plz dont call me an idiot :x

Now this is hilarious, the guy calls someone a liar and then complains that he calls him an idiot, while still not showing a screen shot of the area where things may have improved.

I'm near the GTA and can confirm that all the problems that were there in previous versions .... are still there. Routing stinks and detail is missing in many areas. Going just outside the greater Toronto area one finds himself in areas that have no lakes or rivers showing and a POI that at best lists 20% of what Garmin lists. People from the States come here to vacation in these areas and need a Garmin or a paper map to find the lakes that they want to go to.

Sure there may be one or the other new developments that finally made it into the data base but on the grand scale of things there are far too many items still unaddressed for those few improvements to make even the slightest difference. It's pathetic when a $150 Garmin becomes the benchmark to which an AVIC just can't compare.

I am confused as to why Pioneer would not give us the MOST data available. This actually is a little irritating. Its not like they have to send a bunch of guys out to survey the data - though a small amount of this is required of the map data companies. Every State, city and town has survey maps of ALL roads as part of state and municipal obligations - and its public information. The map data we all use comes from the State and municipal maps for the most part and it is converted by tha map data companies i.e. Teleatlas.

I am not saying that they dont have a few surveys that may be slow in developing, but 99% is there.

Garmin and the others dont give us all that is available, but at $1500 I expect more from pioneer.

Only differences in the New Jersey area is that newer roads are added. I don't know about where you guys live, but there are times where the z2/z3 want to take me on roads that do not even exist!! Wouldn't you think these roads would be taken off since the z1?? And the "point to point address" isn't that great, sometimes it is, but this one time the place was a good 2 miles down the road, and the z3 told me it was in a whole different plaza. I really don't have too much to complain about.. i love my z2/z3.