AVIC411.com

Post your Z3 map screen shots

My wife drives a BMW 650ci, and her map update from BMW that we just bought at the local dealer has our subdivisionon the map. But my Z2 updated with the Z3 image still doesnot have my subdivision. The sub. is about 2 1/2 years old. We live in the Greater Las Vegas Area.

p.s. My mother-in-law drives an Audi A6 and her map update has it as well.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think maybe the data updates differ by region. Im in Raleigh, NC and my subdivision was not on my Z1, but it is on the Z3 update. The subdivision was built in 2005-2006. My friend lives in a brand new subdiv. about 4 miles north and his streets are on the Z3 as well. His area just started being developed about 8 or 9 months ago.

I think we should write a open letter to pioneer to update maps or to refund us for useless hardware they selling for those incredible prices, its just unfair to the customer, someone should take it to the court and they should refund their products to the unhappy customers

I think we should write a open letter to pioneer to update maps or to refund us for useless hardware they selling for those incredible prices, its just unfair to the customer, someone should take it to the court and they should refund their products to the unhappy customers

Sounds like you just volunteered yourself :)

You do know that Pioneer doesn't update the maps, right? They get them from Tele Atlas.

If you want them to update a region, simply go to their Map Insight / Update page and tell them:

http://mapinsight.teleatlas.com/mapfeedback/index.php

I'm sick of everybody bashing Pioneer when they don't even know how it works / that there's already a system in place for this sort of thing. Maybe if you looked into it 2 years ago it's be on the map by now...

/rant

I'm sick of everybody bashing Pioneer when they don't even know how it works / that there's already a system in place for this sort of thing. Maybe if you looked into it 2 years ago it's be on the map by now...

Not trying to be a smart A$$, but I did not know 2 years ago that thye did not have my are on the map, for two reasons. One, it was not here two years ago. Two, I did not have the Z2 two years ago.

Why on the Z3 picture on the pioneer website you can see the street very wide and the 3D building in front and you have the option of ZOOM IN/OUT. But on my Z2 with the Z3 upgrade I don't have the ZOOM IN/OUT on that view wich I believe is STREET VIEW. I only see the ZOOM ICONS on 3D view, but no buildings

Why on the Z3 picture on the pioneer website you can see the street very wide and the 3D building in front and you have the option of ZOOM IN/OUT. But on my Z2 with the Z3 upgrade I don't have the ZOOM IN/OUT on that view wich I believe is STREET VIEW. I only see the ZOOM ICONS on 3D view, but no buildings

...marketing...? :wink:

I think we need the Z3 firware, the HD image only changed the maps, but all my settings are the same before. Hopefully they make an update for the z3 firmware

I've noticed subtle differences with my Z3 update, like library titling for instance. When I had the original Z1 image, all titles were in caps, but now I've got upper and lower case. I don't know if the Z2 had that or not. The voice pronunciation is a heck of alot better too.

I think we need the Z3 firware, the HD image only changed the maps, but all my settings are the same before. Hopefully they make an update for the z3 firmware

I've noticed subtle differences with my Z3 update, like library titling for instance. When I had the original Z1 image, all titles were in caps, but now I've got upper and lower case. I don't know if the Z2 had that or not. The voice pronunciation is a heck of alot better too.

Yep, already with the Z2 update they introduced upper and lower case for the keyboard....

One thing about the garmin is that it is GPS only with the Z1,2, and 3 it is much much more. For some reason this little GPS only units do way more than most all in one units, but do you get pissed at it when you can't slip a CD in or plug up your ipod? One day pioneer will come around, but until them I am still happy for the $900 dollars I spent.