AVIC411.com

LCD shimmering/noise?

Ever since I installed my z1 there is a shimmering in the background, like light vertical waves moving accross the screen, very easy to see on a static image. Kind of looks like the effect you get when a power cord is too close to a monitor. Do any of you have this problem? I know my wires are really bunched up in the back behind the stereo, so maybe it has something to do with that. Any ideas before i start ripping my dash apart?
Well i improved it a little bit just by adjusting the picture settings. I turned the dimmer way down. I wonder if the fan behind the unit is being blocked. The screen does get hot to the touch tho. Oh not sure if it matters but I am using the preouts to a pair of zapco amps, not using the onboard amplification.
using your preouts should not make the screen do anything abnormal. Did you say your screen is getting hot to the touch or is not. It reads that it is, and if thats the case, it should not be.

You say when you sit back it's fine and you can't notice it, how close do you have to get to see it occur? Any screen does this if you get your face right up in there.
Y have to be a few inches away from it to see it, and like I said if I turn down the dimmer it is even less noticable. I guess it is just the quailty of the screen. The LCD does get hot to the touch, not burning, but it has to be in the 90s. I will have to use my temp gun to test it out.
My screen has never been hot to touch, not sure what to tell you there.

Any screen with your face buried in it will have a very degraded appearance. it's no different than looking at the screen to far off to the side. Why can't you see that perfectly?