AVIC411.com

Installers in VA/MD/DC

I'm in Fairfax, and both me and a buddy do our own work so i did a self install, only extra was the xm nav traffic tuner. I'm not a professional but I've installed a few radios in my life ;)

2007_09_22_186.thumb.jpg

What kind of car are you installing it into and what are you having done? Do you feel confortable with a soldering iron??

did you get extra accessories?

I know generally folks like MyerEmco, Tweeter, BestBuy, Circuitcity do installs but it IS retail. Some folks that i heard of recently are located in Springfield and they make nice show cars and do stereo installs.

The purple chameleon mustang shows some of their fancier work:

http://www.4g64.com/gallery/2008fairoakscarshow?page=2

2008_04_29_car_show_061.thumb.jpg2008_04_29_car_show_065.thumb.jpg2008_04_29_car_show_063.thumb.jpg

www.undergroundaudio.biz

Underground Audio - 7708-A Backlick Road, Springfield, VA 22150

703 451 9031

I don't really trust myself enough to do the install :shock: I'd rather pay for it and have it done correctly rather than have problems later on or during the install if I attempt it myself.

I'm having it installed in my Lincoln Navigator along with the XM tuner and a back up camera. Don't really need bluetooth or the iPod features.

I looked around on the net and the place you're talking about was one of the shops I was considering, but I found another place (in springfield also) that would come to you to do the install. The guy sounded very knowledgeable and he's done a few Navigators before. He's the only one I talked to who mentioned the bypass (disclaimer on his behalf: he didn't offer to do it lol).

He was also the only one who asked me about the factory sub, or amp, forgot which one lol, to get me the correct harness. He was also the only one out of all the places I talked to who asked me if I had a factory rear dvd system, which I do. So all of that combined made me trust him more the rest. I guess we'll see soon.

Oh and his price was better too, he's not charging me extra to install the XM tuner, unlike everyone else I called.

He's going to do the install this Sat, so I'll post pics and let you guys know how it went, I'm keeping my fingers crossed :D

If all goes well, I'll post his shop info here maybe someone else needs more options when they're looking for installers.

I had my install done by Sound Solutions in Chantilly. They were very pro. The price was reasonable too.

The owners know a lot about the unit, and they took the time to make sure I was in the loop on everything.

I had a few glitches after the install, which they took care of for me immediately.

Another bonus is they are an authorized Pioneer reseller, so warranty, etc. is all taken care of.

You won't go wrong with these guys.