AVIC411.com

Upgrade Z2 to Z3 done, what's the difference?

I got my Z2 yesterday and played with it for a few hours ( I really miss the extra options on my old D3 like changing colors, sharper display etc)

After playing with the Z2 I took the HD out and swapped with a HD with the Z3 upgrade in it.

I still see the maps are out of date, my cousins house was made on 2005 and now shows up with the Z3 upgrade, with the Z2 HD didn't show up, but mine still doesn't show up with the Z3 upgrade, and this condos have been made since 2006. My cousin kenwood HU haves my address and it have been on the market almost 6 months.

The map looks the same for what I can see, I haven't see any 3D structures like the one on the pioneer website . The only difference is some new addresses. the Z3 upgrade didn't change anything on the interface.

Z3 upgrade is basically some updates maps and maybe a 3D buildings (wich I guess if you drive the whole USA you can count them) I haven't seen one yet.

I was very close to buy the new Z3 , thank god I only downloaded the image of the Z3.

Also, in my short experience with the Z3,

There's few new XM icons (39, 47, 68, 69, 73, 87, and a bunch of NHL and Play by Play icons. Still no 59 or 93).

POI's have definately been updated, but there's still a few I can't find in there.

And I know it could just be me, but I swear the maps look cleaner, especially in City View. Maybe just for my corner of the Bay Area. Who knows.

Guess it just depends where you live, cause it's 100% everywhere I've ever been with it.

Have you reported your communities growth?

http://mapinsight.teleatlas.com/mapfeedback/index.php

All that Teleatlas needs to do is buy a Garmin or Magellan and discover for themselves what's out there .

The mere fact that I need to have my Magellan on for routing alongside my 7" Pioneer screen for a better map overview (I do a lot of travelling) shows just how far behind Teleatlas really is.

The Avic will not have much of a future if it continues to use Teleatlas mapping. :x

I would expect the maps in the bay area to be accurate. TeleAtlas probably does it's fair share of business with Cisco, Oracle, Siebel, etc and needs to make sure their addresses are up-to-date!

The fact that the maps are out of date for some users (even me in the 'burbs of Houston) might not be TeleAtlas' fault. All mapping companies sell different tiers of service to their corporate customers for licencing and using in their products. The older the information the cheaper. The newer maps are at a premium. Pioneer licences the content from TA, they probably chose a cheaper load to keep costs down.

the 3-d buildings exsist on the current Z2 image. They are not a new feature of the Z3.

Exacly. you need to enable them, and they only appear on the higher zoom levels. They were introduced with the Z2, as mentioned before.