AVIC411.com

Z2 - everything seems to work except the speed indicator. The status remains on initializing constantly (3000 miles plus) , left and right turns are registering, but mileage logged on the speed sensor remains at zero. Checked the VSS wire twice, it is hooked up. It seems that this vehicle (?=Hummer H1) sends and irregular speed pulse?

When I start up, if it is cloudy and the sat pickup is delayed, the cursor remains at the starting point on the map, turning left/right with the vehicle turns, but does not move latterly at all. Once sat service is picked up it properly locates, and works fine.

Should I unhook the VSS for the system to work better? Why doesn't the gyro sense the motion before the sat pick up?

Where is your Sat. Ant. located. Mine is located on center top of the dash next to the windshield. If yours is under the dash, just relocate to on top. As for you other issue, you don't have to use the VSS wire. I have a '08 Dodge quad cab 4x4, VSS not connected, and my Z2 now converted to a Z3 is dead on all the time(speed and location). Hope this helps.